I love taking these to BBQ's and blowing people away! This recipe is really flexible and the actual amounts or flavors you want to use are up to you. Vegan, gluten free, tasty and simple!!
Vegan Cream Cheese Poppers
- 8-12 jalapenos (mine we're large and really stuffed-we used 8)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 minced scallions
- 1/2 link-soy chorizo
- 1/2-3/4 cup vegan cashew cream cheese
Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese in the Vitamix- adapted from Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Cashews, soaked overnight, extra water dumped
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 Tbs. Tahini
- 1 Tbs. Oil (I used Sunflower Oil)
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 – 2 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- Blend until smooth
Blend together scallions, chorizo, cream cheese and garlic.
De-seed, stuff with mixture and grill the jalapenos on a vege grill pan. If you put a 'v' cut in the bottom of the jalapenos, they wont roll. Enjoy!!
Power to the family!